Sunday, June 14, 2009

Baking Experiment #1

Soooo today, since it's my only day off, I decided to try and bake something. Baking has always been something I enjoy doing, there's just something about making something sweet and then having other people eat it and be really happy with it. I don't usually bake for myself, it's usually so I can give the final product to my friends or my family and then sit and watch them eat and then I'm usually like, "Is it good?!!! TELL ME NOW." I dunno, that's just me, I guess.

And I haven't really been keeping up with the whole baking thing, I used to be really into a few years ago. I even have my own personal collection of cooking books but strictly books on baking, I rarely use them though, because, well the internet exists.

Okay, so today, I came upon a recipe for Red Velvet Cupcakes. I've seen people eat them but I never had one myself, so I was like, why not! I went out and got all the stuff I needed to make them and I spent maybe and hour or so making them.

The only thing that surprised me while I was making them is that I had to use an entire bottle of red food coloring. A WHOLE BOTTLE! And so I got kind of scared of the batter thinking if I got any of it on me it would stain me because of how much food coloring there is in it! Anyways. Here is the final product, cream cheese icing and all.


See! A whole bottle, I JUST bought that food coloring today and I had to use all of it. The worst part is that I found that the cupcakes weren't red enough!! Or I find them too dark or too close to brown. Oh well, it was my first time with this recipe so I guess it still needs experimenting. Anyways, this was a kind of boring food blog, I guess I just needed something on here cuz it's been a while since my last update. <333

1 comment:

Chris Eff said...

They look so dark! Are you sure you didn't use TOO much red instead of not enough? Was it plain yellow cake batter to begin with? They look really good though, I'm hungrayyy now THX