Thursday, November 6, 2008

That Quiet Girl.

Recently, I've been told a lot that I'm too shy and quiet at work. That I need to open up and relax with the people I work with. I've even been pulled into a meeting with my manager, just to check if everything was alright with me because he wasn't so sure. He told me that I need to just open up, that there are more opportunities if I do. This whole time I thought I was doing alright, but I guess I've been giving off the wrong impression to others. (So much that my manager thought that I didn't like my job, and wanted to move me from my department!)

Sometimes I think that my shyness and introverted personality is just so unattractive and unlikeable, no, I don't think, I KNOW. I know this and yet I can't help but be that way. I want to be able to put myself out there, be open and just be myself but I find it so difficult. I guess I just find it easier to just smile and laugh.

So, I've been trying really hard to just talk more and be more expressive with my coworkers and with just more people in general. I think one of my biggest problems is that I'm always over thinking situations and in part, I end up worrying about what others think of me. So here's to being myself and expressing myself and just letting go of whatever is holding me back and trying to not give a shit about what others think! If you don't like it, fuck you! There. That's a start.

3 comments:

Rosequirk2789 said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean!
I Really I do. A lot of people have described me as "reserved" and I'm like wait.. when did that happen?

Damn the man. We rock.

Hanne said...

Oh yeah.. sounds like the story of my life! My 'meetings' took place when I was in school you know with teachers and parents and all that.. I think my co-workers have just come to see me as 'the quiet girl'..! But hey, I can live with that ;)

Francesca said...

Introverted?!
You clearly need to introduce your boss to the "chilling with Fran" Kristalyn.... oh wait... i think that would get you fired XP