Monday, March 9, 2009

Longest Blog in the Histroy of Long Blogs. (Aka Bob Loblaw's Law Blog)


It's been a while since my last entry and I thought I was going to try harder to keep myself in the habit of updating but sadly, among most of the things I try to keep up with, I failed again.
It's been almost two months since I last updated and I thought I was doing so well! Haha.

Okay, so here's what I've been up to:

My special friend, Julia (http://jybeliever.livejournal.com) went to go see two horror flicks. My Bloody Valentine and
Friday The 13th, Yes, they were both really crappy but good times nonetheless. While I cringed and at times screamed (yes. I get scared and I scream.) she held my hand and laughed, at the movie and at me. In truth, I think we only wanted to see these movies because of the eyecandy. Jensen Ackles and Jared Padelecki. Yum Yum. And how weird is it that they both came out with horror flicks within a month of each other and they're both on the same TV show? Strange...
Anyways, in the previews for both those moviesthere was a trailer for a movie called , "The Last House On The Left" At first, we laughed because it seemed like such a stupid name for a movie, well it still seems like a stupid title...but that's beside the point. The second time we saw the trailer we decided that we HAD to see that movie together as well. It seems as though we created some kind of weird ritual to go see potentially cheesy, badly directed and badly acted horror movies, but we're gonna cross our fingers and hope that that one will be better than the last two.
THEN we realized that "The Last House On The Left" is actually a remake of a Wes Craven film done back in the 70's and not to mention it was banned almost everywhere because it was so brutal and gruesome and just horrifying. Obviously, I read this and became instantly intrigued and I needed to watch this. So there is is, I bought it on impulse (along with the original version of My Bloody Valentine), regretfully, because the next day I found both of those movies on SALE at another video store. It would of cost me a whole 12 dollars cheaper. And it was too late to return them because I already opened them, I get excited like that about movies. I rip open the plastic just so I can have the satisfaction to open the box and make sure the DVD is indeed inside the case.
Anyways, after showing Julia my latest acquirements, she obviously freaked out, in the way I wanted and expected her to, and we agreed we had to watch the movies together and we had to watch The Last House On The Left original before seeing the remake. I absolutely refuse to watch any of those movies alone. Just like how I refuse to watch The Strangers and Funny Games alone. In fact, I refuse to watch ANY scary movie alone. I guess I'm just a big baby that way. What can I say? I like to be cuddled or at least comforted by another person in case I do get freaked out. And yes, someone laughing at me for being scared is comforting because at least I know that there is someone that doesn't think it's as scary as I do and that kind of brings me back to the reality of things, which is usually funny. Usually, not always!

Now that I think of it, there are a lot of movies that I own, that I would consider to be horror flicks that I haven't watched yet. Because seriously, who WANTS to watch a scary movie alone??

I've also become completely obsessed with buying plaid shirts. In the past two months I've bought like...at least 10 plaid button-up shirts. Of all colours and styles. Short-sleeve, long sleeve, 3/4 sleeve. It's really stupid now that I think of it but I can't help myself! That and scarves. I'm too embarrased to actually count how many scarves I've bought. BUT I LOVE THEM. I tell myself that to make it easier. Seriously though, I try to match one scarf that I own with every one of my outfits. If you check my dailybooth (http://www.dailybooth.com/kristalyn512) and even my youtube videos you can see. I want to wear plaid all the time, whether it's a plaid shirt or a plaid scarf. What's the worst part of all this is that one time when I was at the gym, I was running on the treadmill and there was nothing really interesting on the tv's, but the end of Oprah was on so I decided to tune into that, and I guess it was an episode about how to better with your finances and get yourself out of debt
and just stop spending so much and they were interviewing some lady that was very in debt because she kept buying stuff for herself and for her kids. And the woman that was there giving advice was like, "First of all, you have to stop buying things that you already have so much of. We tend to buy the same things over and over again even though we don't really need them." I automatically thought of myself and how I keep buying the same shit every time I get paid. It actually made me slightly depressed but it makes me happy! haha. And it's not like I'm a debt crisis, I just like to indulge in my life's little pleasures and right now it's plaid. See, I'm even wearing plaid right now in this moment. plaid plaid plaid. EVERYWHERE. I LOVE IT.

Um. Ok. right. Where was I? Oh yeah. Well, something else that took up a big part of my free time in the past three weeks was reading Twilight. Yes. I was pulled in, just like thousands, sorry, millions of girls and guys by this series of books. It all started in HMV (where I usually buy movies but never music) I was making my usual rounds of the store, checking which movies were on sale and just really wondering around and there is a new section of the store, where they sell books and a very small paperback version of Twilight was there with a big "25% OFF" sticker. For seven dollars, I figured, why not? I needed a new book anyways (after JUST finishing The Devil Wears Prada...shut up...don't judge me!) so I bought it. My life pretty much ended right there in that moment. Sure, I liked the movie (mainly because I was drooling over a certain character the whole time...more eyecandy :) YUM) but I was very much destroyed by the novels. I couldn't stop. I had to know what happened. I wanted to know and I spent every free moment I could continuing to read. So yeah. Basically, for a short period of time after finishing the novels, I wanted a vampire and I wanted one to love me just as much as Edward loved Bella. Actually, I wanted a vampire for more than just those reasons, but I probably shouldn't get into those details over my blog. Julia, you know what I mean *wink*wink*. I'm sick. I know. hahahaha.


So this is clearly the longest blog in the history of long blogs. I have another story that I want to talk about but that needs a completely seperate blog on its own because in reality it's kind of depressing and I don't want to take away from this entry's happy/silly feeling.

Anyways! I've missed you blog and people that read my blog. Once again, I've been inspired by someone to start blogging again. ENJOY. :D

No comments: